Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sparking the Creative Spirit

Posing with an Indian family at the "Baby Taj" in Agra, India

Thank Goodness for the spring! I'm finally waking up my creative spirit and hopefully will be better about postings from here on out. It's been way too long since I've shared photos and stories with you all and I have many excuses - mostly the overload of editing so bloody many photos and over committing myself to volunteer work!

I shot over 4000 digital photos in India. So how do I even come close to sharing the experience with you all without serious info overload?

Luckily - I recently took a class in Kaizen which teaches you how to take the smallest possible step to achieve your goals. I noticed very quickly that my small steps were pretty monumental to what was expected but hey, at least I'm out here trying to post something after the long winters night..... a nice hike in the foothills of Boulder and a full day of sunshine are quite motivating!

I'll try to take a subject at a time, or a photo at a time or a moment in time to share with you all - feedback from you will encourage me to post more often, so interaction is highly recommended if you want to see/hear more about India.

I recently had a few friends over to share their travel stories and photos. What a great night it was - we visited Croatia, Montenegro, Patagonia and India and had a fabulous gourmet meal with wine, over the course of about four hours .... I think we need to do this more often!

So - here's a post to spark some creative thinking and I'll be pondering about what to share next during my daily walks. If there is some place you are dying to see/hear about let me know. I realize I've been "bagging" a lot international locations but not sharing all the fun stories and photos from them with friends - so what's the point????

Help me out with some suggestions on what you want to see! If I haven't been there I'll let you know. BTW I'm currently planning a trip to Indonesia for a month with a friend who was born and raised there but never got to see the unique things about the area (venomous Komodo dragons, orphaned Orang-utans). Hence - this is one of the diversions that has kept me from posting - I was invited on the trip about a month or so ago and we are planning to leave in June - so much research .... so little time to finalize the itinerary.

Did you know Indonesia contains over 18,000 islands in the span of about 3,000 miles? UNBELIEVABLE!


Posing with school group near Agra - Copyright 2008 Jan Gorski

The coolest thing about India was the people. This is the first country I've ever visited where people (mostly young girls) came up to us and asked us to pose with them in their photos. Wouldn't it be amazing if some of the kids from this class saw their photos on the web?

Happy Travels!

No comments: